- Autism Society of America, Central VA: 804.257.0192 www.asacv.org
- Supporting the Needs of Autistic’s Parents (SNAP): 804.739.8259 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autism Interventions of Richmond: 804.266.1105
- Autism Speaks: 212.252.8584 www.autismspeaks.org
- Brain Balance Richmond – Westchester Commons, Midlothian, VA
- The Founders Center of Commonwealth Autism (Formerly the Dominion School for Autism): 804.355.1011
- Richmond Aspergers Group – A support group for parents of children with Aspergers Syndrome. They meet monthly at the River City Diner on Parham and I-95, from 7-9pm in the evening. Meetings are for adults with AS, parents and children over age 10, for support, discussion, education, parent advocacy and adult self-advocacy. There is also a West End/North Chesterfield group that meets at the Positive Vibe Cafe off Forest Hill. The meetings are the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 6:30-8:30, and welcome parents of Aspies of all ages, kids 10+, and adults with Asperger’s as a support group. Parents network to discuss behavioral challenges, schools, IEPs, doctors, assessments, and transition strategies for teens moving from school into the job market. The web address is http://www.meetup.com/
aspergers-397/ You have to join the group, but it’s free.