A Woman’s Place
Innsbrook, 4121 Cox Rd, Suite 110, Glen Allen, VA 23060 Phone: 804.545.1665
This Bon Secours lactation center offers private lactation consultations, breast pump rentals and sales, nursing bra fitting and sales, a breastfeeding answer line, classes, and support groups.
Best Beginnings – The Lactation Center
Lactation consultants are available for consultation in the office or at home. Best Beginnings also has nursing undergarments and accessories for sale, as well as breast pump rentals and sales.
Virginia WIC (Women, Infants and Children Program)
WIC provides high-quality nutritional care and food to eligible participants. As well as breastfeeding education, support, and pump loans.
Pediatric Associates of Richmond
– Three Chopt Location, 7113 Three Chopt Rd., Suite 101 Phone: 804.282.4205
– Hanover Location, 8485 Bell Creek Rd. Suite B3 Phone: 804.282.4205
They support the breastfeeding mother and child. The Lactation Consultants have over 30 years of combined experience helping families throughout the entire breastfeeding experience. They will address common problems at lactation visits. They also offer bra fitting, breast pump sales, rentals, and adjustments.
Local Breast Pump Rentals and Sales:
- Westbury Pharmacy 804.288.1882
- A Women’s Place 804.545.1665
- Best Beginnings 804.323.2229
- Bremo Pharmacy at Henrico Doctors 804.285.7730
- Westbury/Colonial Pharmacy, Mechanicsville 804.746.7997
- Kirkpatrick Pharmacy, Colonial Heights 804.733.5888
- Pediatric Associates of Richmond 804.282.4205
- Buford Road Pharmacy has just reduced their pricing and are very exited to be able to offer the lowest price in the market at $49.95 per month for the Medela Symphony Breast Pump rental. They also offer a full selection of nursing accessories, maternity and nursing bras, compression hosiery, pre-natal vitamins, and morning sickness remedies. 804.272.1423
International Lactation Consultant Association
Use this site to find a local International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), a health care professional who specializes in the clinical management of breastfeeding. IBCLC’s work in a variety of health care settings including hospitals, pediatric offices, public health clinics, and private practices.
Resources for breastfeeding moms as well as a directory of local lactation consultants. The Lactation Consultants listed in this directory may have a wide variety of experience and may or may not hold recognized certifications or credentials. Before retaining a lactation consultant you should review their credentials and experience to your satisfaction
LaLeche League of VA and West VA 1.800.LA.LECHE
This site offers education and information on breastfeeding including, helpful links, frequently asked questions, phone consultations, and monthly meetings. To find a group near you call 804.379.9557 or click here.
Milk Nursing Wear
Nursing tops, dresses, sleepwear, bras, accessories and baby slings.