The latest scoop on the plays and performances around town can be found right here on Completely Kids Richmond – including the inexpensive movies at the Byrd and Henrico Theatres – just more reasons Raising Kids in the Richmond Area is the best!
For information on Theater Classes for kids, visit our Theater page.
The Byrd Theatre - Tickets are only $1.99 per person!
Carytown, 2908 West Cary Street, Richmond, VA, 23221 Phone: 804.353.9911
Please check the day you plan to attend! And keep in mind they do not show previews. Also try to get there in time for the live Mighty Wurlitzer Organ show featuring Bob Gulledge every Saturday night before the two evening shows- it is worth it!
Henrico Theatre - Tickets are only $1.00 per person!
Highland Springs, 305 E. Nine Mile Rd. Henrico, VA 23075 Phone: 804.328.4491
For more details, follow the link to the Henrico County Family and Friends webpage and click on movies.
The Goochland Drive-in Theatre
4344 Old Fredericksburg Road, Hadensville, VA 23067
A fun outing and very reasonable prices for admission and at the snack bar. The movies change every weekend – so visit the website for more details.
IMAX MOVIES AND PLANETARIUM
Ethyl Imax Dome
Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220 Phone: 804.864.1400
Rocky Mountain Express
Nov 3, 2012 to Mar 1, 2013
Join in the epic adventure of building the nation’s first transcontinental railway as you are propelled on a steam train journey through the Canadian Rockies. Retrace the original route aboard the majestic steam engine 2816 as you see breath-taking vistas of the west from spectacular…
Virginia Repertory Theatre – Children’s Theatre of Virginia
Most children’s shows will be at the newly renovated Shops at Willow Lawn on an intimate stage.
- Young Tom Jefferson (Oct 20th – Oct 27th at Willow Lawn)
- Madeline’s Christmas Nov 30th – Dec 30th
- The Magic Flute Jan 18th – Feb 10th
- Lyle, Lyle Crocodile March 1st – April 5th
- The Music Man June 28th – August 4th
- Busytown July 5th – 28th
- Oliver Nov 16th – 25th
- Wizard of Oz Feb 8th – 17th
- The Sound of Music March 8th – 17th
- Honk May 3rd – 5th
- Les Miserables June 19th – 23rd
Swift Creek Mill Theater
17401 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Colonial Heights, VA 23834 Phone: 804.748.5203
- Drifty’s Polar Parade Nov 26th – Dec 22nd
- The Amazing GaliNewtoVinci Feb 4th – March 1st
- Jack and the Beanstalk April 8th – May 3rd
BALLET, DANCE, AND MUSIC
407 East Canal Street Richmond, Virginia 23219
- The Nutcracker Dec 14th – 23rd
- Swan Lake Feb 8th – 10th
Carpenter Theatre at Richmond CenterStage
- Peter and the Wolf - October 27th
- Scheherazade – Feb 2nd – Take a trip to Ancient Arabia!
- Come Dance with Us - March 23rd – Tap your toes with the fiddles and the flutes to music from the waltz to swing.