For information on Theater Classes for kids, click here.
The Byrd Theatre - Tickets are only $1.99 per person!
Carytown, 2908 West Cary Street, Richmond, VA, 23221 Phone: 804.353.9911
Please check the show schedule for the day you plan to attend! And keep in mind they do not show previews. Also try to get there in time for the live Mighty Wurlitzer Organ show featuring Bob Gulledge every Saturday night before the two evening shows- it is worth it!
Henrico Theatre - Movie Tickets are only $1.00 per person!
Highland Springs, 305 E. Nine Mile Rd. Henrico, VA 23075 Phone: 804.328.4491
For more details, follow the link to the Henrico County Family and Friends webpage and click on movies.
The Goochland Drive-in Theatre
4344 Old Fredericksburg Road, Hadensville, VA 23067
A fun outing and very reasonable prices for admission and at the snack bar. The movies change every weekend – so visit the website for more details.
GIANT SCREEN FILMS AND PLANETARIUM
Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220 Phone: 804.864.1400
Virginia Rep’s Children’s Theatre (at Willow Lawn)
Most children’s shows will be at the newly renovated Shops at Willow Lawn on an intimate stage. 1601 Willow Lawn Drive, Richmond, Virginia 23230 Phone : 804. 282.2620
- Charlotte’s Web October 10th – November 9th, 2014
- Santa’s Christmas Miracle November 28th – December 28th, 2014
- The Maggie Walker Story January 30th – February 15th, 2015
- Treasure Island March 13th – April 19th, 2015
- Goodnight Moon July 10th – August 2nd, 2015
CharacterWorks (formerly Christian Youth Theatre) Presentations
Shows at various locations around Richmond.
- TOM SAWYER The Broadway Musical October 23 – October 26, 2014
- SHREK The Musical November 21 – November 30, 2014
- Disney’s ALADDIN February 6 – February 15, 2015
- FIDDLER ON THE ROOF March 6 – March 15, 2015
- A LITTLE PRINCESS May 21 – May 24, 2015
- CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG June 17 – June 22, 2015
Swift Creek Mill Theater
17401 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Colonial Heights, VA 23834 Phone: 804.748.5203
- The Latin Ballet of Virginia October 27th – 31st, 2014
- Drifty’s Snow Dance December 1st – 22nd, 2014
- Those Harvey Girls Feb 6th & March 6th, 2015
- Twain’s Tales Feb 9th – March 5th, 2015
- The Elves and the Shoemaker April 13th – May 15th, 2015
BALLET, DANCE, AND MUSIC
407 East Canal Street Richmond, Virginia 23219
- The Nutcracker December 19th – 28th, 2014
Carpenter Theatre at Richmond CenterStage.
Concerts to delight children and families. LolliPops concerts start at 11am, pre-concert festivals 10am.
- Beethoven Lives Upstairs Saturday, Oct 25, 2014
- Pinocchio’s Adventures in Funland Saturday, Jan 24, 2015
- Gregory Smith’s Orchestra Games Saturday, Mar 21, 2015