The latest scoop on the plays and performances around town can be found right here on Completely Kids Richmond – including the inexpensive movies at the Byrd and Henrico Theatres – just more reasons Raising Kids in the Richmond Area is the best!
For information on Theater Classes for kids, visit our Theater page.
The Byrd Theatre - Tickets are only $1.99 per person!
Carytown, 2908 West Cary Street, Richmond, VA, 23221 Phone: 804.353.9911
Please check the day you plan to attend! And keep in mind they do not show previews. Also try to get there in time for the live Mighty Wurlitzer Organ show featuring Bob Gulledge every Saturday night before the two evening shows- it is worth it!
Henrico Theatre - Tickets are only $1.00 per person!
Highland Springs, 305 E. Nine Mile Rd. Henrico, VA 23075 Phone: 804.328.4491
For more details, follow the link to the Henrico County Family and Friends webpage and click on movies.
The Goochland Drive-in Theatre
4344 Old Fredericksburg Road, Hadensville, VA 23067
A fun outing and very reasonable prices for admission and at the snack bar. The movies change every weekend – so visit the website for more details.
IMAX MOVIES AND PLANETARIUM
Ethyl Imax Dome
Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220 Phone: 804.864.1400
Nov 2, 2013 to Jan 1, 2014
Join us as a doubting boy boards a magical train that’s headed to the North Pole and Santa Claus’s home. What unfolds is an adventure where he learns that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.
Rocky Mountain Express
Nov 2, 2013 to Jan 1, 2014
Join in the epic adventure of building Canada’s first transcontinental railway as you are propelled on a steam train journey through the Canadian Rockies. Retrace the original route aboard the majestic steam engine 2816 as you see breath-taking vistas of the west from spectacular aerial views.
Flight of the Butterflies
Through Jan 1st, 2014
Migrate with hundreds of millions of Monarch butterflies across North America! Discover the hideaway of these magnificent creatures – a secret that was unlocked after 40 years of research by Dr. Fred Urquhart.
Click here for a list of Group Showings.
Virginia Repertory Theatre – Children’s Theatre of Virginia
Most children’s shows will be at the newly renovated Shops at Willow Lawn on an intimate stage.
- The Music Man June 28th – August 4th, 2013
- Busytown July 5th – 28th, 2103
- Cashore Marionettes October 3rd – 13th, 2013
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas November 29th – December 29th, 2013
- Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad January 31st – February 2nd, 2014
- Shrek, The Musical March 14th – April 27th, 2014
- Go, Dog, Go! July 11th – August 3rd, 2014
CharacterWorks (formerly Christian Youth Theatre) Presentations
Shows at various locations around Richmond.
- Narnia October 25th – November 3rd, 2013
- A Christmas Carol November 22nd – December 1st, 2013
- Alice in Wonderland February 7th – February 16th, 2014
- Willy Wonka March 7th – March 16th, 2014
- Charlotte’s Web May 22nd – May 25th, 2014
- Tarzan June 13th – June 22nd, 2014
Swift Creek Mill Theater
17401 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Colonial Heights, VA 23834 Phone: 804.748.5203
- Check back for the 2013-14 season information
BALLET, DANCE, AND MUSIC
407 East Canal Street Richmond, Virginia 23219
- The Nutcracker December 14th – 23rd, 2013
- Cinderella February 13th – 16th, 2014
Carpenter Theatre at Richmond CenterStage.
Concerts to delight children and families. LolliPops concerts start at 11am, pre-concert festivals 10am.
- Carnivals and Clowns October 26th, 2013
- An American in Paris January 25th, 2014
- The Remarkable Farkle McBride March 15th, 2014
Other great performances:
- Music of the Beatles September 28th, 2013 8pm
- Handel’s Messiah December 6th 7:30pm
- Let It Snow December 7th at 8pm, December 8th at 3pm
- The Music of Michael Jackson April 12th, 2014 8pm