The latest scoop on the plays and performances around town can be found right here on Completely Kids Richmond – including the inexpensive movies at the Byrd and Henrico Theatres – just more reason Raising Kids in the Richmond Area is the best!
For information on Theater Classes for kids, click here.
The Byrd Theatre - Tickets are only $1.99 per person!
Carytown, 2908 West Cary Street, Richmond, VA, 23221 Phone: 804.353.9911
Please check the show schedule for the day you plan to attend! And keep in mind they do not show previews. Also try to get there in time for the live Mighty Wurlitzer Organ show featuring Bob Gulledge every Saturday night before the two evening shows- it is worth it!
Henrico Theatre - Tickets are only $1.00 per person!
Highland Springs, 305 E. Nine Mile Rd. Henrico, VA 23075 Phone: 804.328.4491
For more details, follow the link to the Henrico County Family and Friends webpage and click on movies.
The Goochland Drive-in Theatre
4344 Old Fredericksburg Road, Hadensville, VA 23067
A fun outing and very reasonable prices for admission and at the snack bar. The movies change every weekend – so visit the website for more details.
GIANT SCREEN FILMS AND PLANETARIUM
Science Museum of Virginia, 2500 West Broad Street, Richmond, VA 23220 Phone: 804.864.1400
- Back to the Moon for Good - Relive the golden age of space exploration and uncover the results of past missions to the Moon. Travel back to the present as you watch 30 teams across the world race to land a spacecraft on the Moon as they compete in the Google Lunar XPRIZE challenge.
- Pandas: The Journey Home
Saturday, August 16, 2014 – Wednesday, November 26, 2014
See the world’s most loveable animal as never before! Meet the pandas at China’s Wolong Panda Center and learn more about the team dedicated to securing the future population of pandas. Uncover the extraordinary efforts to save these gentle giants, observe a group of wild pandas in their mountain habitat and follow Tao Tao’s release into the wild.
- Rocky Mountain Express
Friday, November 28, 2014 – Friday, January 2, 2015
Join in the epic adventure of building the nation’s first transcontinental railway as you are propelled on a steam train journey through the Canadian Rockies. Retrace the original route aboard the majestic steam engine 2816 as you see breath-taking vistas of the west from spectacular aerial cinematography. Ride the rails along deep river canyons and over high mountain passes. Immerse yourself in an era of remarkable ingenuity as you follow the heroic human drama and engineering that shaped a continent.
- Polar Express
Friday, November 28, 2014 – Friday January 2, 2015
Relive this timeless story of a doubting young boy who takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole. The Academy Award®-winning team of Tom Hanks and director Robert Zemeckis are reunited for this holiday adventure based on the Caldecott Medal-winning children’s book of the same name, by Chris Van Allsburg. Polar Express is playing in The Dome for a special limited engagement.
Virginia Rep’s Children’s Theatre (at Willow Lawn)
Most children’s shows will be at the newly renovated Shops at Willow Lawn on an intimate stage. 1601 Willow Lawn Drive, Richmond, Virginia 23230 Phone : 804. 282.2620
- Charlotte’s Web October 10th – November 9th, 2014
- Santa’s Christmas Miracle November 28th – December 28th, 2014
- The Maggie Walker Story January 30th – February 15th, 2015
- Treasure Island March 13th – April 19th, 2015
- Goodnight Moon July 10th – August 2nd, 2015
CharacterWorks (formerly Christian Youth Theatre) Presentations
Shows at various locations around Richmond.
- New performances to be announced soon.
Swift Creek Mill Theater
17401 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Colonial Heights, VA 23834 Phone: 804.748.5203
- The Latin Ballet of Virginia October 27th – 31st, 2014
- Drifty’s Snow Dance December 1st – 22nd, 2014
- Those Harvey Girls Feb 6th & March 6th, 2015
- Twain’s Tales Feb 9th – March 5th, 2015
- The Elves and the Shoemaker April 13th – May 15th, 2015
BALLET, DANCE, AND MUSIC
407 East Canal Street Richmond, Virginia 23219
- New performances to be announced soon.
Carpenter Theatre at Richmond CenterStage.
Concerts to delight children and families. LolliPops concerts start at 11am, pre-concert festivals 10am.
- New performances to be announced soon