Butterflies LIVE! is an exhibit you do not want to miss! Visitors have the opportunity to get up close and personal with these amazing creatures – watch them fly, feed and flutter all around. Kids and parents alike, can not get enough of walking among these beautiful beings.
The exhibit is geared toward children of all ages. The only caveat? Do not touch or disturb the butterflies in any way. They may land on the floor along the walking path or even on your person. If that happens, get help from a staff member or volunteer immediately.
Check out the Butterfly Nursery: Examine the butterfly nursery with chrysalides featuring two species of butterflies each week. Examine the chrysalides up close, and if you are lucky you may even get to watch a butterfly emerge. More info here: http://www.lewisginter.org/butterflies
- The butterflies are located in the Conservatory at Lewis Ginter
- Admission to see the butterflies is include in regular garden admission
- Conservatory will be hot and a bit steamy – dress accordingly
- Large objects (backpacks, oversized totes and pocketbooks) are discouraged inside the exhibit.
- Strollers are not allowed
- Wheelchairs are permitted
- Cameras are allowed
- The exhibit is open April 17th & closes October 11th
Enter to Win 4 Tickets to see the Butterflies and Enjoy a Day at the Garden.
Entries must be received by May 17th at Noon. Winners will be announce the 18th. Tickets will be held at Guest Services. Click here to enter. Good Luck!