Butterflies LIVE! is an exhibit you do not want to miss! Visitors have the opportunity to get up close and personal with these amazing creatures – watch them fly, feed and flutter all around. Kids and parents alike, can not get enough of walking among these beautiful beings.
The exhibit is geared toward children of all ages. The only caveat? Do not touch or disturb the butterflies in any way. They may land on the floor along the walking path or even on your person. If that happens, get help from a staff member or volunteer immediately.
Check out the Butterfly Nursery: Peek inside this special box in the display where native butterfly species will emerge from their chrysalides. Butterfly Release: Daily at 10 a.m. and Saturdays at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Visit during these scheduled times to see newly emerged butterflies released into the exhibit. Please note the number of butterflies being released may range from several to a dozen.
- The butterflies are located in the Conservatory at Lewis Ginter
- Admission to see the butterflies is include in regular garden admission
- Conservatory will be hot and a bit steamy – dress accordingly
- Large objects (backpacks, oversized totes and pocketbooks) are discouraged inside the exhibit.
- Strollers are not allowed
- Wheelchairs are permitted
- Cameras are allowed
- The exhibit opens May 2nd & closes October 12th