The Dominion GardenFest of Lights at Lewis Ginter opens November 29th and runs nightly through January 13th (except December 24th and 25th) from 5pm-10pm. It is a unbelievably spectacular and unique site – a ‘must-see’ for family fun.
- A Swallowtail Caterpillar tunnel of lights
- Larger-than-life lightning bugs, bees, and native flower illuminations
- Train landscape with woodland creatures
- A cozy cabin
Returning Favorites Include:
- The Children’s Garden maze
- S’mores (by purchase and weather permitting)
- GardenKeeper, Butterfly Fairy, and Santa signtings
- The Grand Holiday Tree
Special Events Include:
- GardenFest Illumination November 29th, 5:30pm-6:30pm. Featuring Insect performers!
- Member Nights – Dec 2, 3, 4 and Jan 13th. Free for LG Members
- GardenFest for Fidos Dec 5th and Jan 9th only
- New Year’s Eve Family Frolic Dec 31st 2pm-5pm
- Merry Mondays
- Caroling Tuesdays
- Crafty Wednesdays
- Musical Thursdays
Dominion GardenFest of Lights is a “rain or shine” event and is only closed for extreme inclement weather. Admission: $11 adults; $10 seniors; $7 children ages 3 – 12; children under age 3 free; Garden Members $6; child on Membership (ages 3 – 18) $4; Member on Member Nights: FREE.
Check out these amazing pictures by Don Williamson Photography: