The Governor and his wife have invited you to their home for an Easter egg hunt! It’s March 27, 2013 from 5pm-7pm!
Join Governor and Mrs. Robert F. McDonnell for the Second Annual Executive Mansion Easter Egg Hunt on Capitol Square! Family friendly and free to the public, this celebration will include live music, an egg hunt, prizes, games, appearances by mascots and historic figures, and much more!
Governor and Mrs. McDonnell encourage guests to bring an unwrapped baby gift that will be donated to expectant military moms. These gifts will be used on June 4 for a baby shower hosted by Operation Homefront that Mrs. McDonnell is attending and sponsoring on behalf of FLITE.
- Mascots in attendance will include:
- Nutsy from the Flying Squirrels
- Smokey the Bear from the Department of Forestry
- Broc, from the Bon Secours Movin’ Mania Fab Five
- Bonnie, the Bon Secours Bunny
- University of Mary Washington Eagle
- Trip Heartman from the Department of Tourism
- Snapdragon from the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Risky from the Richmond Raiders as well as the Lady Raiders and Raider Players
- Tuition Monster from Virginia 529, the Commonwealth’s college savings plan.
- Thomas Jefferson, the Virginia governor and United States president, as well as other historic leaders from the Old Dominion (yes, really!)
Get your face painted by talented artists from the Steward School and be ready to play some fun games! Activities include:
- A VMFA sponsored spring-themed pop art project in honor of the upcoming special exhibition featuring Tom Wesselmann and Faberge Imperial Easter eggs.
- More fun will be provided by the Science Museum of Virginia and the Virginia Egg Council…
- Bring your dancing shoes because DJ Rick Pfamatter’s live music will fill Capitol Square and the mascots love to boogie!
- There will also be 60 dozen eggs to dye which have been generously donated by Braswell Foods and Glenwood Farms in Jetersville.
Come hungry and bring some cash, if you want, because the RVA Street Foodies will be assembled on Capitol Square with food trucks and carts including:
- Estes BBQ
- Boka Truck
- Soul Ice
- King of Pops.
- Other tasty treats will be available for purchase from Sweet Temptations by Teresa and Just Cupcakes.
You won’t want to miss the Easter magic show performed by Agricadabra, which will included appearances by Super Chicken and Chicken Nugget!
Don’t forget to bring egg baskets, as there will be an egg hunt with over 10,000 eggs to find. If you’re lucky, one of your egg hunters may even find a prize egg with gifts inside such as:
- a 4 pack of tickets to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens
- 4 tickets to a Flying Squirrels game
- 3 deluxe passes from Peak Experiences Indoor Rock Climbing Center
- two 3 month memberships from Cartwheels and Coffee, the indoor playland for kids
- cupcake gift certificates from Just Cupakes
- tickets from the Richmond Kickers
- a family 4 pack of season tickets for the Concert Ballet of Virginia
- tickets for tours from Haunts of Richmond
- a supernova family membership from the Science Museum of Virginia which includes membership for two adults and all children in a family.
Stay tuned and check Facebook for constant updates regarding new prizes, mascots, historic figures, and activities available at the 2nd Annual Executive Mansion Easter Egg Hunt!
No parking is available on Capitol Square. Parking suggestions include: Broad Street meter parking; & lots located at: the intersection of 10th and Broad Street; 8th St between Grace and Franklin Streets; the intersection of 7th and Grace Streets.